The Fairbanks Education Association serves over 900 teachers in Interior Alaska. FEA is affiliated with the National Education Association and NEA-Alaska, and is a strong advocate for children and public education. The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District is located in Fairbanks, Alaska, and also serves the communities of North Pole, Salcha, Two Rivers, Fort Wainwright Army Base, Eielson Air Force Base, and Ester. Current student enrollment is about 14,000 students.
- Expand FEA led Professional Development
- Increase Political Engagement
- Maintain Membership Enrollment and Engagement
What We've Achieved
- We strengthen public education in the FNSBSD
- We have brought teacher voice back into the classroom
- We ensure our students received a quality and equitable education.
- We work to defend a well-rounded education for all students.
- We provide professional learning opportunities for our members.
- We partner with other organizations to support our community
- We provide scholarship opportunities for our students.
- We offer networking events for our members.
- We provide a voice for educators in our state and nationwide.
The pi symbol, with the arrow and the triangle, adopted by the NEA Executive Committee in 1966, combines the legacy of the past (the pi symbol is the ancient Greek word for education) with new direction for the future (the arrow across the pi symbol). The spherical triangle, serving as a background, represents the mutually supportive programs of local, state, and national education associations to advance education. The design symbolizes the forward thrust of education through a united teaching profession.